We are now open!
The doctors and staff at Gabucan Family Dentistry, would like to thank you for your patience and understanding as we transition back to a “new normal” during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Your safety is paramount to us. We have always been committed to following the recommendations and guidelines made by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This includes standard precautions, hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, disinfection, and hospital-grade instrument sterilization. In addition, we are taking extended measures to further protect all our patients and our team with the following additional protocols.
· In compliance with public health recommendations, anyone with symptoms (cough, fever, loss of taste, shortness of breath) or who has been exposed with a COVID-19 positive person should stay home. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment for a later date.
· Only the patient (and a guardian if that patient is a minor) is permitted into the office. If this is not possible, we ask that you remain in your car with any additional persons during the appointment and we will call you at the end of the appointment.
· Wearing a mask is mandatory upon entering the office. After you enter, you will be asked to sanitize your hands, wear non-latex gloves, and given a mask if you did not bring one.
· You will be given a quick Covid-19 screening questionnaire to complete.
· Your temperature will be taken with a touch-less thermometer. If you have a temperature greater than 100 degrees F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment.
· Clear plastic screens (Sneeze Guards) have been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure.
· We have removed any unnecessary reading materials, toys, etc. from the waiting area in our office to limit “touch” surfaces.
· A pre-treatment oral rinse with Hydrogen Peroxide Solution will be administered to reduce viral load before you are seated in the dental chair.
· Medical-Grade High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance (HEPA) air purifiers, which removes 99.9% of all particles down to 0.1microns, have been placed in each operatory and in the common area to improve air quality for our patients and staff.
· Our Restrooms will be sanitized with EPA approved disinfectant and UV light after each use.
· We will routinely disinfect all areas of the office using an EPA-approved fogging device, that will sterilize hard to reach places and microbes in the air.
· We are also using ADS Extra Oral Dental Suction for High Aerosol Generating Procedures. This device removes High Volume of Droplets & Aerosols Produced During Treatment (Droplets, Aerosols, Virus, Blood, Dust)
· To protect our staff, we have upgraded our protective gear with head coverings, N95/KN95 mask, face shields, and longer gowns. We may look different, but we are still the same team you trust with your oral health.
We have spared no effort or expense to make sure you will be safe during your visits.
We feel confident we can keep our patients safe.
We look forward to seeing you soon and welcome back!!!